FREE Plant-Based Protein Course with 40+ Recipes
Enter your email address to get the recipes and course! You'll need to visit your inbox and confirm your subscription to get it.
Well, I heard from 5 different clients last week that they are in a weeknight-dinner rut, so I assume the rest of the world is as well. I admit, I’m not always the best with weeknight dinners. Sometimes it’s leftovers, sometimes it’s avocado toast and sometimes it’s take-out. But, most of the time, I feel better when I prepare at least something, if only for the opportunity for BL and I to regroup and spend some quality time together.
If you need a healthy weeknight dinner idea, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 vegan recipes that we love so much, we’ve put them in our regular dinner rotation. Most of them are super simple, all are delicious. Put one or more on your menu plan for next week.
1.Lentil & Zucchini Tacos (pictured) If BL had his way, we’d eat tacos every night. These are fairly similar to my regular lentil tacos, with the addition of crispy zucchini and a heavenly jalapeno cream sauce. As the month’s get colder, substitute zucchini with any in-season vegetable: broccoli, kale, butternut squash would all work well.
2. Sesame Garlic Stir-Fry Noodles. To say I love these noodles would be the understatement of the year. Ginger, garlic, sesame- the gang’s all here. A quick stir-fry sauce, slurpy noodles, pan-fried tofu and lots of spinach.
3. Vegan Pesto Pizza (pictured). It’s no secret that I love pizza. And while I still love a good margarita or cheese pizza, there’s something a bit more fun about a cheese-less option. I don’t feel as heavy after eating this as I do a regular pizza and I love the bright pairing of pesto and fresh tomatoes.
4. Collard Green Pasta. This is not how I grew up eating collard greens. If you’re not sure what to do with collard greens, start here. Thinly sliced collard ribbons are stir fried with lemon and red pepper flakes then tossed with hot pasta and a quick, homemade vegan parmesan. Savory and salty, this pasta is my go-to whenever we receive collards from our CSA.
5. Stuffed Sweet Potato (pictured) While the sweet potatoes take a little time to cook, the prep here is minimal. Put the potatoes in the oven an hour before you’re ready to eat, then quickly assemble the rest of the ingredients. Not only are these delicious, but they are a great source of protein and fiber as well. Satiating and yummy, the perfect weeknight dinner combo.
6. Taco Lettuce Wraps. Wow, do we love lettuce wraps. These taco ones and these buffalo chickpea ones are both weeknight favorites. I’ll put almost anything into a crispy lettuce shell, especially with a spicy sauce. These tacos ones are a great introduction to tempeh and very easy.
7. Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowls. These buddha bowls are one of the most popular recipes on my blog- and for good reason. They are incredibly delicious! While they take a little more than 30 minutes to put together, the steps aren’t complicated. Do what I do; make the rice in a rice cooker, roast the broccoli at the same time as the tofu and make extra peanut sauce. That way, you get dinner and leftover lunch from the same meal.
8. Easy Yellow Curry Bowls (pictured) I’m a sucker for anything curry and these bowls are no exception. Potatoes and garbanzo beans are simmered in a quick yellow curry sauce, then served over brown rice. Wholesome and delicious, this one gets regular rotation in my house.
9. Curry Noodles. I’m honestly shocked how much BL loves these noodles. The first time I made them, I was sure he was going to pass for a bowl of cereal instead. To my surprise, he loved them so much he asked for them again a few days later. Since then, I’ve been making them fairly regularly.
10. BBQ Tofu Chopped Salad. This salad is hearty enough to be considered a main meal. Tofu baked in sweet and spicy BBQ sauce then tossed with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, carrots and avocado. With 20g of protein per serving, it’s a must for any weeknight meal plan.
The Ultimate Plant-Based Protein Cookbook + Course
(Includes 40+ recipes!)
FREE 7-DAY COURSE + COOKBOOK