Blueberry Lemon Chia Donuts! Vegan cake donuts that are packed with fiber and omega-3 fatty acids! Perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert! Adapted from the Oh She Glows cookbook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (thawed from frozen is fine)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, chia seeds, and fresh lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- Place the almond milk, vanilla extract and blueberries into a blender and pulse a few times to combine.
- Whisk the blueberry mixture into the flour bowl and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased donut pan or place into a large plastic bag, cut off the corner, and pipe into the donut pan. Bake for 11-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- While donuts are cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Dip cooled donuts in glaze and eat!