Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla! If you’re looking for a vegan filling for quesadillas, try this! Packed with plant-based protein and fiber. Perfect for kids!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 8 flour tortillas
- Make the cheesy bean quesadilla filling. Place the beans, tahini, miso paste, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and pinch salt/pepper into the base of a food processor. Puree until creamy and smooth, tasting, adding more salt/pepper/lemon as needed.
- Make the peppers. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced peppers and cook until softened. Remove and wipe out the saucepan.
- Assemble! Spread the bean mixture on one side of a tortilla and place in the warm saucepan. Spread the cooked peppers in a thin layer and top with another tortilla. Toast for 2-3 minutes per side. Continue with the rest of the tortillas and serve with mashed avocado, salsa and your favorite quesadilla toppings!
Keywords: cheesy vegan quesadilla