Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Parfait Cups! Healthy chocolate mousse cups layered with date and almond crust. Vegan, gluten-free, and mostly raw.
- 1 can coconut cream, placed in the fridge for at least 6 hours
- 12 medjool dates, pitted, soaked in hot water for at least 10 minutes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 bag frozen raspberries (about 2 cup), thawed, rinsed and drained
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place the chocolate chips in a double boiler or saucepan and gently melt over low heat, stirring often. If they are sticking to the pan, add a little coconut oil or regular oil to help them melt easier. Remove and let cool.
- Remove the coconut cream from the can, leaving behind any liquid at the bottom. Place into a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip until the cream is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. You may need to add a tbsp. or two of the hot water if the dates get stuck.
- Add the date paste to the coconut cream and whip to combine.
- Gently add in the cooled chocolate and mix/whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the thawed, rinsed and drained (having too much water on the raspberries will soften the pudding) to the pudding. Stir together.
Make the Crust:
- Place the almonds, dates, coconut, and salt into a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Place a few tbsp. of crust into a short parfait glass and press into the bottom. Dollop chocolate pudding on top. Garnish with remaining berries and a sprinkle of crust. DEVOUR.