Coconut Corn Chowder! The PERFECT recipe for summer corn! This light soup is packed with fresh corn, poblano peppers and coconut beverage. Everyone who tries this soup raves about it!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Plant-Based Beverage.
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, but not browned. Add in the garlic, curry powder, salt and poblano pepper and cook another 5 minutes until poblano is softened, taking care not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the corn and cook for another 5 minutes, letting the kernels soften. Sprinkle the flour in and stir until absorbed and flour is no longer visible.
- Add the potatoes and coconut beverage and lower heat to low. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are softened.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and puree in a blender, then add back to the soup and let cook for 5 more minutes to combine and re-heat through. Season to taste, adding more salt/pepper if needed.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro, if using, then serve.