Vegan Cranberry Orange Ginger Bread! This healthier cranberry orange bread recipe is loaded with flavors of fall.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or vegan butter (I love Earth Balance brand), melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water, combined to make a gel ‘egg’
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and lightly flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, orange juice, vinegar and gelled flax egg. Slowly add in the in flour mixture until just moistened then stir in the walnuts and chopped cranberries.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.
To make this bread vegan, I am using a flax egg in place of a regular egg. To create a flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flax meal with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Set aside to let gel slightly, about 5 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Keywords: vegan cranberry bread, orange bread