Vegan Pumpkin Muffins! These vegan pumpkin cranberry muffins are perfect for Fall. Lightly sweetened and topped with a crunchy pecan glaze.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp. soy milk
- Pecan pieces, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line or grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy milk, vegetable oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine into a batter. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into lined tins about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-19 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool in cooling rack.
- Make the Pecan Glaze: Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp. of soy milk at a time until smooth and desired consistency, it should be a thick icing.
- Drizzle icing on warm muffins and top with pecan pieces.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin muffins