Vegan Cauliflower Soup! This creamy, silky soup is so quick and easy to make. Grab a loaf of crusty bread and enjoy this healthy cauliflower soup that’s perfect for the holiday season!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shallots or white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ~5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots and salt and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes, then add the vegetable broth and cashews then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for ~20-25 minutes until cauliflower is very soft.
- Let cool slightly, then add the cauliflower mixture to a blender along with the nutritional yeast and nutmeg. Puree until very smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches. Taste, adding more salt as needed. Depending on the broth you use, you may need to add more. I find I use ~1/2-3/4 teaspoons when making this soup.
- Divide into bowls, garnish with chives and enjoy! We LOVE this with really good crusty bread for dipping.
*This makes about 4 normal serving sizes and 6 appetizer size servings.
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup