Vegan Curry Tempeh Salad Wrap! This plant-based sandwich is SO good! Curried tempeh salad with raisins, sunflower seeds, carrots, celery and more. So good, a must try, perfect for packed lunches.
- 8 ounces plain tempeh, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch salt/pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup raisins
- ⅛ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted 7-Grain Wraps
- Salad greens, arugula or spinach leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together 1 teaspoon curry powder with vegetable broth and whisk until dissolved. Add the tempeh strips to an 8×8 glass baker, and cover with the curry broth. Bake for 25 minutes until tender, then let cool and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, remaining curry powder, turmeric and pinch salt/pepper until well combined. Add in the celery, carrot, onion, raisins, sunflower seeds and tempeh. Toss, seasoning to taste with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Place on wraps with salad greens and roll!
Keywords: vegan, sandwich, plantbased, tempeh