Dilled Vegan Almond Cheese Ball! A super creamy, dairy-free cheese ball that’s perfect for entertaining. Inspired by Rawmazing.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus zest
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½–3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Place the cashews and almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Let sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Alternatively, you can add hot water to the nuts for a quick 30 minute soak, though I only recommend this option if you have a high-powered blender to use afterwards.
- Drain and rinse the nuts, then add to a blender with the lemon juice and zest, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, olive oil and 1/2 cup water. Blend until very creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes depending on the power of your blender. The mixture should be fairly thick, but pourable. If you need more liquid, add 1 tbsp. at a time, blending as you go.
- Line a fine mesh colander with cheesecloth or a thin towel (like a flour sack towel) and place over a bowl. Add the cashew mixture to the center of the cloth and wrap tightly, sealing with a rubber band at the top.
- Place the entire mixture in the fridge to set and excess liquid drip off, about 4-5 hours.
- Before serving, unwrap and cover with fresh dill.
- Serve with veggies, crackers or whatever you like! If you’ve got leftovers, try blending with a bit of sauce or broth to create a super creamy pasta sauce.