Yogurt parfaits with dried plum & orange compote. Topped with walnut-granola clusters! Dairy free option
- 1/2 cup Sunsweet Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup yogurt, regular or dairy-free for vegan option
- For the Walnut Clusters (adapted from OSG): 2 cups walnut halves
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place the diced prunes, apricots, cinnamon stick and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes until fruit is tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the fruit is cooking, prepare the granola.
- Toss walnut halves with maple syrup, trying to cover each piece.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients: 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix together and add to the walnut bowl. Mix well and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- To assemble, layer the fruit compote in the bottom of the jar, the yogurt, and top with walnut clusters.
The recipe for the walnut clusters makes more than you will need for this recipe, but that’s a good thing! They are addictive and you will want to put them on everything! I like to store the extras in a airtight container or jar to snack on throughout the week.