Hi! How was your weekend? We hosted BL’s office staff on Friday night for holiday drinks, appetizers and games. It was our first real shindig in the new place and I love that we christened it with such a nice gathering and awesome energy.
Entertaining is one of my favorite things and I am so looking forward to meeting more friends in our new city and hosting countless cocktail parties, dinners, BBQs and holidays. I think the idea of entertaining can be stressful, but having people over doesn’t have to be anything fancy; it’s all about memories you create when surrounded by friends.
If there’s anything I’ve learned in my years of entertaining, it’s to be prepared with a bite of food and a drink when guests walk through the door. Because of this, I try to always have a few snacks on hand (like these Blue Diamond Nuts) and a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge for just in case moments. There have been several times when we’ve wanted to celebrate small events and I’m always glad to have these items ready.
For appetizers, I love a good cheese plate. It’s unfussy, visually appealing yet not intimidating. For a fun twist on a traditional cheese plate, I created these 4-ingredient blue cheese balls. Creamy blue cheese balls rolled with dried cranberries and chopped honey roasted almonds. They are fantastic paired with more honey roasted almonds, olives, apple slices and crackers.
The best part about these cheese balls is they can be made up to 3 days ahead of time, perfect for holiday entertaining. On Friday, I set a tray of these balls, Blue Diamond nuts and other munchies for people to snack on as they arrive. It’s entertaining without trying so hard, a low-stress snack so you can spend more time mingling with friends and family.
4 Ingredient holiday appetizer idea! Blue Cheese and Honey Almond Balls! Easy entertaining idea, a must for get-togethers this winter! @bluediamond | www.delishknowedge.com
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup [url:1]Blue Diamond[/url] Honey Roasted Almonds, very finely chopped
- Place the crumbled blue cheese and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine into a ball. You don’t want to over process the cheese as it will melt if it becomes too soft. Add in the dried cranberries and pulse 2-3 more times to just combine.
- Place the finely chopped honey roasted almonds Remove from the processor and roll into small, tablespoon size balls.
- Place the finely chopped almonds on a plate and roll the blue cheese into the almonds to stick.
- Once rolled, place in a single layer on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond. All always, thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make DK possible.