It’s Friday. Time for a cocktail.
Annnnd that just about sums up my current state of mind.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited. Lots of incredible things coming up in the next few weeks: quick trip to NYC, flying home to see my family, friends and favorite niece, heading to Europe next month and, oh yeah, getting MARRIED in less than 30 days.
I think excited is putting it midly. I’m beyond elated.
I’m also currently in the state every (?) bride-to-be finds herself in a few weeks before the wedding.
Excited, Elated, overjoyed, stressed…
In other words, a hot mess.
I feel like I can barely function half the time, my brain split between seating charts and patient charts. Between scheduling recipe posts and what I’m going to wear to the rehearsal dinner.
Thankfully, I know the healing powers of a fresh fruit margarita. Specifically, fresh blackberry margaritas.
Inspired by our recent trip to Mexico, this margarita might be the most incredibly refreshing drink I’ve ever had.
Plump, juicy berries paired with tart lime and tequila.
Come to mama.
While we still have a week or so until Cinco de Mayo, I say the celebration begins now. Amazing on their own but even better paired with my black bean tacos, this margarita is all you need to relax your worries away.
This recipe serves 8 since I personally abide by the rule that margaritas taste better when shared among friends. However, you can always add or subtract based on your needs. I use my blendtec to crush the ice just-so but they are also amazing on the rocks. Simply muddle the berries, add the liquid, shake, shake, shake and strain over ice.
Cheers to the weekend!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!
Fresh Blackberry Margaritas
Juicy Blackberries in a fresh margarita. Need I say more?
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (can also sub simple syrup)
- 1 cup 100% white tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec (optional)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- Crushed Ice (or regular ice if you are using a high-powered blender like [url:1]BlendTec[/url])
- In a high-powered blender, combine the agave, tequila, triple sec (if using), lime juice and blackberries.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add ice and crush for desired consistency.
- Serve with blackberry and lime wedge garnish.