Fresh tomato bruschetta! The BEST Bruschetta with a secret ingredient! A must for any summer dinner or get together.
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped, preferably heirloom. Since the tomatoes are the star, use the best you can find.
- 1 small cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp. quality extra virgin olive oil
- drizzle (1-2tsp.) Balsamic reduction
- handful basil, thinly sliced
- Baguette, sliced
- Thin slices of smoked mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub peeled garlic clove on both sides. The garlic will “melt” into the toast.
- Switch the oven to broil and place thin slices of smoked mozzarella on top. Broil for 2-3 minutes until just melted. While the cheese is melting, combine the chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic reduction and pinch salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove bread from oven, top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with basil.