I know you’ve got healthy snacks on the brain. Especially around this time of year, we are all on the hunt for simple, grab and go options that can be packed in your purse or thrown in your lunch bag without much thought.
Nothing beats the simplicity of pre-packaged, pre-portioned snacks. Unfortunately, it’s rare to find a healthy option. So, for this month’s Healthy Food Finds, I am rounding up my favorite healthy grab & go snacks.
For an item to make the cut, it had to meet this criteria:
If I want to pack my own healthy snack, I can always make trail mix. However, I wanted to find options that were literally grab & go.
Say what? That’s because my favorite grab & go snack is probably an apple, or maybe a pear or a peach when in season. But, what fun is that? I wanted to showcase healthy grab & go snacks that weren’t simply a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts. Those are fine, but they’ve been done.
Little or No Added Sugar.
A little naturally occurring sugar is fine, but let’s keep it to a minimum shall we?
So, drumroll please…. 6 healthy, portable snacks + a KIND bar giveaway. Because grab & go snacks are so much better when there’s a giveaway involved. Let’s do this.
1. Nourish Snacks: My new favorite snacks to hit the market! I have tried most of the flavors and cannot get enough! Pre-packaged, individually portioned bags of nuts, dried fruit, and/or chickpeas. Yes, mini bags of roasted chickpeas. So good. Most of the flavors are vegan, always gluten-free, and GMO-free. They are also free of artificial sweeteners and preservatives- a major win in my book.
2. Hummus with Pretzels. It’s no secret that I am a hummas-aholic. I love hummus. I eat it almost every single day and never get tired of it. And while it’s not a huge chore to pack a small container on your way out the door, I like the convenience of this grab-and-go option.
3. VEGA Vibrancy Bars: Bars are my favorite grab-and-go snack. I am known to have a desk drawer, glove compartment, and purse filled with bars at all time. Mostly because I get “hangry” at all times of the day and need a quick refuel. These Vega bars are fabulous. The chocolate decadence & berry bliss are my favorites. Healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
4. KIND Bars! Hands down my favorite granola bars are KIND bars. Not only are they delicious, but I can pronounce all of the ingredients- not the case with many commercial bars out there. I also love the unique texture that comes from the various grains used like buckwheat, quinoa, millet and amaranth. Many of the bars are good sources of protein and high in fiber.
Favorite Flavors: Almond and Coconut & Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew
Wanna get in on the KIND Bar Action? I’ve got 5 BOXES to giveaway! See details below!
5. Oloves: Cute story- my 14-month niece Carlee can’t get enough olives. Most kids eat applesauce. Carlee eats olives. Like, a lot of olives. When I was home visiting over the summer, I saw my sister pull out these packs of olives for snacking. Um, genius! I love olives too, and these individual portions are the perfect salty snack! They come in lots of flavors, but Mediterranean is my favorite.
6. Luna Bars: My list wouldn’t be complete without these bars getting a mention. I lived on Lemon Zest Luna Bars the first two years of college. As much as I love variety, I never tired of these babies. They are the perfect snack and my go-to when I want a zesty, healthy treat. There seems to be a zillion varieties of Luna Bars now, so enjoy their various lines like Luna Fiber & Luna Protein.
Ready to win your own box of KIND bars? Tell me how you make your lunchbox healthy! Favorite grab & go snacks, recipe makeovers, etc.! For more chances to win, enter the Rafflecopter below!