Honey Pear Muffins! These lightly sweetened muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack.
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pear (using a box grater or food processor)
- 1 cup chopped pear (about 1 small pear, chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the shredded pear, chopped pear, walnuts, eggs, vanilla extract, honey, oil, almond milk and greek yogurt until smooth.
- Add the pear mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Try not to overmix the batter; stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, filling them 2/3s of the way (about 1/4 cup). Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack.