How to Make Crispy Baked Tofu without deep-frying! This crispy baked tofu recipe is a must-save. Vegan and easily gluten-free.
- 1 (14 ounce) package organic, firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free version)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons seasoning of choice (optional, to fit in with the recipe you are using this for. Keep it plain to add to stir-fries or try chili powder to add to grain bowls and salads)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- For crispy tofu, it needs to be pressed first. Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel or paper towels and place a heavy object on top, like a pan or cans. Let drain for at least 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the tofu and cube, then place in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, soy sauce, arrowroot starch and seasoning, if using, until the tofu is evenly coated.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 282 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: how to make crispy baked tofu