Vegan Chicken-Less Soup! This healthy vegan chicken-less soup is so nourishing and delicious. Ginger, garlic, carrots, spinach and ramen noodles in a simple miso broth.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 6 cups vegetable broth (low-sodium is fine)
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 4-5 ounces udon or ramen noodles
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a medium soup pan, heat the toasted sesame oil over medium heat. Add the scallions, ginger and garlic, carrots and cook for a few minutes stirring often, taking care not to brown the garlic.
- Add the broth, then bring to a low simmer and cook for about 8-10 minutes to help flavor the broth even more and gently soften the carrots.
- Remove one cup of broth, and place it in a separate bowl. Add the miso to the reserved 1 cup of broth and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Add the noodles to the broth and cook until noodles are just al-dente. Add in the spinach and stir until spinach is wilted, another minute.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the miso broth back in. Stir to mix and serve!
Keywords: vegan, miso soup, chicken-less soup, vegan soup, healthy, vegetables