Pumpkin Oatmeal Latte! You’ve gotta try this breakfast and coffee combo. Pumpkin latte with rolled oats, so delicious and perfect for Fall.
You’re going to need an oatmeal latte. For moments when you’re not sure if you want breakfast or coffee first, it’s the perfect compromise. Cooked oatmeal in a pumpkin spice latte! Sip, spoon, drink. It’s the perfect Fall coffee.
Oatmeal Latte was on my radar after I read about it in Bon Appetit. The milky oats are poured into a big mug, topped with the espresso, and finished with a sprinkle of crunchy granola. Um, I’ll take two. Then Jessica made one a few months later and it’s been on my dream breakfast list ever since.
Since it’s the season of everything #PSL, I decided to give this latte an oatmeal spin. Whip the oats with hot milk until creamy and frothy. Yum. Then, you add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a bit of salt. Get ready for your kitchen to smell amazing.
Add in a bit more frothy milk, a shot (or two) of espresso and a sprinkle of nuts. Or granola clusters. Really, anything that adds a little crunch. You know how I feel about textures, and this pumpkin oatmeal latte does it all.
I’m partial to my espresso machine for this one, but if you don’t have one, a few tablespoons of really strong coffee will do. Even though I’m a complete almond milk convert, I couldn’t get it to froth the way I wanted to. Therefore, I’m calling for regular milk in this latte.
If you love coffee and oatmeal, then you’ve gotta try this combo.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Latte
Yield 2 servings
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups milk (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 shots of espresso
- granola/chopped nuts for topping
- Place the oats and 1 1/2 cups of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pumpkin puree, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
- In the meantime, froth or steam the remaining cup of milk over medium heat in a separate sauce pan or with a milk frother. Add about 3/4 cup of the steamed, frothed milk to the oats. Cook, stirring often, until the oats are creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining milk, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Divide the oatmeal into two mugs and top with a shot of espresso. Garnish with granola or nuts on top! Sip or spoon or both!
Regular milk is going to froth better than non-dairy milk. I've made this with almond milk as well and it tastes great, just don't expect it to froth like a normal latte.
Courses coffee, breakfast, latte, oatmeal