Curry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! Such a healthy and delicious meal! Baked sweet potatoes topped with quinoa, broccoli, edamame and a red curry peanut sauce.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 cup edamame, thawed
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the sweet potatoes and roast until tender, about 40-60 minutes depending on the size.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, maple syrup and minced garlic clove. Continue to whisk over medium heat until sauce is reduced by half and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add in the crushed peanuts and set aside.
- While the sauce is cooking, toss the broccoli florets with 1 tsp. olive oil and pinch salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until toasted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil in a small sauce pan. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- To serve, slice each potato almost in 1/2. Layer with quinoa, edamame, and roasted broccoli. Cover with peanut sauce.