Roasted Tomato Guacamole! The perfect dip for summer or to spread on avocado toast. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I used an assortment of baby heirloom tomatoes from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt/freshly ground pepper
- 4 large, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the halved tomatoes with olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until the soft. (Depending on the size of your tomatoes, it may take less time- check on them around 10 minutes)
- Remove tomatoes from oven and let cool completely.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then place in a large bowl along with the red onion, garlic clove, lemon juice and pinch of salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, gently mash the ingredients together, leaving a few chunks of avocado.
- Add in the basil and 1/3 of the roasted tomatoes and gently fold together.
- Spread the guacamole onto a platter or dish and top with the rest of the roasted tomatoes. Serve with vegetables, tortilla chips, pita chips or slathered on bread for yummy guacamole toast.