Weeknight comfort food! Cheesy polenta bowl topped with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- 5 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. mayo ( I like Veganaise for a dairy-free version)
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika, divided
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers (or piquillo peppers), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Finely mince (I use a microplane) 1 clove garlic. Place the garlic in a small bowl and whisk in the mayo, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, and juice of 1 lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Place the tortillas on the sheet pan and drizzle with the other 1/2 tsp. olive oil, coating both sides. Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven when done and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and the finely diced onion. Cook for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Finely mince the remaining 4 garlic cloves and add to the skillet, cook for 30 seconds and add the spinach leaves.
- Add the black beans, chopped roasted red pepper and 1 tsp. smoked paprika to the skillet, stirring occasionally until the beans are heated through. Using a wooden spoon, potato masher, or fork, lightly mash 1/2 of the beans and stir into the spinach.
- Assemble! Divide the spinach-bean mixture on the tortillas and top with the paprika sauce and chopped cilantro.