Spring Vegetable Thai Green Curry! This curry is packed with flavor and tons of vegetables. Quick green curry sauce with peppers, asparagus and peas. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free version)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil (can sub regular basil if you can’t find Thai)
- Jasmine or Basmati rice, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger and saute for 5-6 minutes until soft, stirring often.
- Add in the asparagus then whisk in the green curry paste, coconut milk, green peas, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. Simmer for an additional 5-6 minutes, until asparagus is cooked through and sauce has thickened a bit.
- Taste, adding more soy sauce or salt if needed. Stir in the Thai basil and serve over rice.