Avocado, White Peach and Tomato Salad! Use fresh, ripe produce and this salad pretty much makes itself!
- 1 white peach, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin (use a mandolin if you have one!)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. high quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Toss together the red onion and red wine vinegar and let sit while you chop the rest of the ingredients, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the onions and pat dry. Toss onions with tomato, peaches, lemon juice, olive oil, and pinch salt pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors. To serve, add 1/2 of the salad to each plate and top with chopped avocado.
Per salad, makes 3: 296 calories, 24.3g fat, 20g CHO, 8.3g fiber, 4g protein