Tempeh Pecan Pate! An amazing tempeh pate appetizer to satisfy everyone! Save this one to make over the holiday season or for happy hour at home!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. tempeh patty, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free version)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup prepared mayo (I like Vegenaise and Just Mayo for vegan versions)
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- pita, for serving
- cherry jam, for serving
- thinly sliced scallions, for serving
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tempeh patties and let brown on either side.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, water, minced garlic clove and ginger. Pour over the tempeh and let cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the tempeh from the pan, roughly chop and place into the food processor. Add in the mayo and pecans and roughly pulse until combined.
- Add in the rest of the dill and the onions. Pulse to combine.
- Serve on toast or pita bread. Top with cherry jam and thinly sliced scallions
This can be made ahead of time, bring it out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before serving so it’s spreadable. Other toppings instead of cherry jam: fresh sliced cherries, pomegranate relish, cranberry relish.
Highly, highly recommend serving with a little sweet fruit topping as it really completes the creamy pate and toasted bread.
** This recipe was originally posted in October, 2014 and was updated December, 2019.
Keywords: vegan pate