If I could send every reader a bag of buckwheat groats, I would. Recently turned on to this little gem, they have become my new favorite treat. I sprinkle them on smoothies, oatmeal, roasted vegetables, whatever I think needs a little more crunch.
I made this granola a few weeks ago for a thank-you gift and decided to see how adding groats would taste. Seriously, I am never going back. If I wasn’t nervous about eating the whole jar in a few days, I would make this granola weekly. For a real tropical treat, mix with coconut yogurt and fresh, diced pineapple. But, it’s just as good on it’s own. It’s also incredible sprinkled on pineapple-mango smoothies.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
A Tropical Groat Granola made with almonds, buckwheat groats, sunflower seeds, pineapple and coconut. Healthy, gluten-free and perfect on it’s own or with yogurt and fresh fruit.
- 2 cups raw rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- Tropical Oat and Groat Granola
- Mix together in a bowl: 2 cups raw rolled oats, 1/3 cup whole raw almonds, 1 cup raw buckwheat groats, 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the oat and groat mixture. Using a wooden spoon or your hands and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture on a 9X9 metal baking pan, bake at 275°F for 45-55 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes to ensure that the edges don’t burn. When it’s slightly golden brown, add the coconut. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes until coconut is lightly toasted. Remove from oven and add pineapple and coconut.
- Let sit until cool, granola will clump together more as it comes to room temperature. When completely cool, place in jar.
- Granola will last about 3 weeks.