Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes! This vegetarian and gluten-free twice baked sweet potato recipe is perfect for the holidays! Stuffed sweet potatoes with an oat pecan crumble.
- 6 regular sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cup regular oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the sweet potatoes, then lightly poke the top with a fork a few times to help steam escape. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Make a slit in the top of the sweet potatoes and gently scoop out the filling into the base of a food processor. Add the 1/3 cup milk, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Puree until creamy, adding more salt/syrup as desired.
- Gently open the sweet potato skins up and spoon in the filling. Set aside.
- Wipe out the food processor and add the oats. Turn the motor on and pulse the oats until a fine flour appears. Add the pecans, remaining teaspoon cinnamon, remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pulse together to combine, then add in the butter, one cube at a time and pulse until mixture forms a wet sand-like appearance. It should easily clump when pressed together.
- Divide the mixture and gently press onto the sweet potatoes, then place back in the oven and cook another 10 minutes until just warmed through and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Keywords: Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes