Simple winter salad! Roasted beets, orange segments in a maple-dijon dressing.
- 3 large red beets
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed and membranes seperated
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast for about 1 1/4 hours, or until tender. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the beets and orange segments and toss to coat.