Cheesy Chorizo Dip! Vegan and Gluten Free. This is one dip you will wanna make again and again. Pepper Jack Cheese Dip with spicy meatless chorizo and fresh parsley.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1 package soy chorizo (like the kind from Trader Joes)
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour if you don’t have a high speed blender. Even so, soaking the cashews helps make this dish super creamy without any grittiness)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/8 cup canned green chilis, drained
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for a few minutes until soft and lightly browned.
- In a large blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, yellow pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper. Puree until very smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the the green chilis and cooked onions, pulse a few times to combine.
- In the same pan you used for the onions, crumble the chorizo and cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- In a serving dish, pour in the pepper cheese sauce and stir in 1 cup of the chorizo mixture. You can add more if you’d like, but start with 1 cup and see. You don’t want the dip to be too thick. Use the leftover chorizo in tacos, chilis, or scrambles.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
- Perfect for pita chips, tortilla chips, crostini, veggie slices- you name it!