Chickpea Noodle Soup! If you’re looking for a vegan noodle soup then this is it! Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup using chickpeas. Perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chickenless broth (I love this one)
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 6 ounces noodles of choice, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large stockpan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, carrots and celery and cook another 5-6 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Add the poultry seasoning, bay leaf, broth and bring to a low simmer. Cook for 15 minutes to let the flavor develop.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the noodles. Cook until al dente, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the spinach leaves, cooked noodles, chickpeas to the soup and cook another 5-10 minutes until warm and the spinach has wilted. Season to taste, adding more salt/freshly ground pepper as needed.
- Serve, garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup