Before making, make sure your can of coconut has been placed in the fridge for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
- In a large bowl, mix together buckwheat groats, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the buckwheat mixture and stir together.
- Add the shredded coconut.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a [url:2]silpat[/url], pour out the grouts.
- Baked for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Break into clusters and set aside.
- After opening the can, scoop out the top 1/2 of the solidified coconut on top.
- Make sure you are only getting the solid coconut, not the water underneath. If you are using coconut cream, you will use the whole can.
- Add the sugar to the coconut cream and whip together with a hand mixer.
- To serve, layer the berries, coconut cream (about a tbsp. or two) and fresh berries.