Vegan Curry Noodles! Low maintenance + simple ingredients make this an easy weeknight dinner you will keep coming back to. This complete meal is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 8 oz. tempeh, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti noodles or other noodles
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- thinly sliced scallions, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and add onion and tempeh, cooking until onion is soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add jalapeno, garlic, curry powder, ginger, red pepper and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1-2 additional minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, until paste is darkened, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, and cook until toasted and no flour remains visible, another 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by ½, about 20 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, cook the noodles. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the past and cook until al dente. Drain and then add to sauce, tossing to coat.
- Remove the dish from heat and add in lime juice and zest. Garnish with scallions and serve.