Overnight Vegan French Toast Casserole! Looking for a crowd-pleasing breakfast or brunch recipe? Then you’ve gotta try this vegan breakfast casserole. Make at night and it’s ready in the morning!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1½ cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 french baguette, slightly stale and torn/cut into large cubes
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (I love Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- maple syrup, for topping
Blend bananas, milk, cornstarch, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
Tear the baguette into cubes and place into a well-greased 9×13 baking pan. Pour the banana mixture over the bread and press down to make sure all of the cubes are touching the mixture. Cover, and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the sugar and whisk together until sugar has melted and become like a caramel-sauce. Turn off heat and add the pecans, nutmeg and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Spread the pecan topping evenly over the prepared casserole and place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries, if desired.
Keywords: french toast, brunch, breakfast, vegan, pecans