Vegan Gado Gado Bowls! These lunch bowls are so delicious and packed with plant-based protein. Cabbage, little potatoes, shredded carrots, green beans, cucumbers, baked tofu and peanut sauce. A must-make! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 package (1 lb.) The Little Potato Company Microwave Ready potatoes, savoury herb flavor
- 2 cups steamed green beans (see notes)
- 3 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (can also sub 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 3 tablespoons hot water (to thin)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cube tofu and place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. If you aren’t using a non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove from oven and place in a shallow bowl.
- While the tofu is cooking, whisk together all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce until creamy and easily pourable. Place 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce into the bowl with the cooked tofu. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Cook the Little Potato Company potatoes as directed. Peel back plastic film and remove seasoning pack. Position film to close and place tray in microwave. Cook on high for 5 minutes. (Cooking times may vary by microwave). Let rest for 2-4 minutes in the tray, then remove plastic film and stir in seasoning pack.
- Assemble! Place the cooked and raw vegetables into separate bowls and top with the tofu. Drizzle on remaining peanut sauce and enjoy!
- To make these come together quickly, I buy the steam-ready green beans so I can throw them in the microwave after the potatoes. If you don’t have those, then steam the green beans separately while the potatoes and tofu is cooking.
- The tofu can be made ahead of time!
Keywords: glutenfree, vegan, salad, dinner, lunch, indonesian