Vegan Greek Salad with Tofu Feta! The best salad for summer; packed with protein and fiber. A must make! Vegan & Gluten-Free.
- Tofu Feta:
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (400 g)
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 lemon, juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper
- Dijon Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salad Ingredients:
- 8 cups lettuce of choice (I used baby greens but chopped romaine would work as well)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
For the tofu feta:
- Drain and press the tofu for at least one hour. You can wrap the tofu in towels and place a heavy object on top or with a [url:1]tofu press[/url].
- While the tofu is pressing, whisk together the miso and water until smooth.
- Combine with the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, nutritional yeast, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and toss with the marinade. Place in the fridge and marinade for at least 3 hours, preferably longer.
Make the dijon dressing:
- Whisk together the dijon mustard, garlic clove and lemon juice until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salads! Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumbers and olives among 4 bowls. Top with tofu feta and drizzle on dressing. Serve immediately.