Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice! This fried rice is perfect for nights when you don’t feel like cooking and need a healthy, filling dinner using leftover brown rice. Tofu, bok choy, mushrooms, rice, kimchi and a spicy stir-fry sauce. Vegan and easily gluten-free.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar kimchi
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 bunches baby Bok Choy, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Gochujang, optional depending on spice level
- Drain the kimchi in a colander, reserving the liquid. Roughly chop the kimchi a few times into bite-size pieces, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Crumble in the tofu and stir to combine, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and ginger.
- Add in the bok choy and mushrooms and and cook until bok choy is bright green and tender, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kimchi and soy sauce and cook until just heated through.
- Add in the rice, 1 tablespoon reserved kimchi brine and rice wine vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes until mixture is heated through. Season to taste, adding more soy sauce, toasted sesame oil or kimchi brine, Sriracha/Gochujang, as desired. Serve immediately.
Keywords: fried rice, vegan, kimchi