Weeknight comfort food! Cheesy, creamy, vegan polenta topped with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 oz. mushrooms (1 pack) thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil)
- Polenta: 3 cups soymilk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 tbsp. dairy-free butter (I like Earth Balance brand)
- 2 tbsp. [url:1]nutritional yeast[/url] (optional but gives great ‘cheese’ like-flavor)
- Fresh basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the halved cherry tomatoes and mushrooms slices with tsp. olive oil. Season with Italian seasoning and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast until tender and tomatoes have burst, about 20 minutes.
- Make the polenta: Heat broth and milk over medium heat.
- When bubble start to surface, gently whisk in cornmeal and stir together.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook until thick, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter, nutritional yeast (if using) and pinch salt/pepper to taste.
- To serve, scoop the polenta into bowls and top with roasted vegetables.
- Garnish liberally with torn basil. If you like a little kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes!