Vegan Vegetable and Potato Chowder! You are going to love this healthy and hearty chowder. Packed with vegetables, Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1.5 pounds The Little Potato Company creamer potatoes, Baby Boomer variety, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (or fresh if making this in late summer)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (can sub 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt to taste (depending on the saltiness of your broth, I usually start with 1/4 teaspoon and go from there)
- Freshly ground pepper (I start with 1/4 teaspoon and go from there)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender and onion is translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic and cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the corn, thyme, cumin, paprika, cayenne and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for ~20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove 2 cups of soup and place in a blender; puree until smooth and creamy then return back to the pot.
- Add in the dill and season to taste, adding more salt/pepper if needed.
- Continue to cook over low heat or Serve. I like to let it cook at least an additional 15 minutes for flavors to develop. Like most soups, this gets better the longer it sits.
Keywords: vegan vegetable and potato chowder