Let’s face it, vegetables aren’t a sexy main dish. Delicious? Yes. But few vegetables have that star power that makes you swoon with delight. That all changes with kebobs. There is just something about the presentation of skewered summer vegetables, much prettier than a bowl full of cooked ones. Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make. Feel free to improvise with what vegetables you have on hand.
These metal skewers are the other reason this dish takes center stage. Aren’t they adorable? I picked them up from Crate and Barrel sometime earlier this summer and they are the perfect accessory to take roasted vegetables from eh to Wow!Print
- White Bean Salad:
- 2 cans cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. powdered garlic
- 1 tsp. dried fresh savory
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large scallions
- 3 dutch baby potatoes or other small, golden potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper, seeded
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl add the beans, celery, parsley, and sage. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt/pepper and pour over the salad. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss together. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Chop the green parts off scallions. Cut white parts into 1-inch-long pieces. Cut zucchini, peppers, and potatoes into 1-inch-long pieces.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers. Arrange skewers in baking dish, and spoon marinade over top. Turn skewers to coat until all vegetables are well covered. Set aside 30 minutes.
- You can grill these using a grill pan or on the BBQ. To use the oven, preheat to 450 degrees. Place the skewers on baking sheet and bake kabobs about 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, turning once.
- To serve: spoon white bean salad onto a plate or bowl. Top with vegetable skewers.
What do you think of this recipe app I included? Is it easier to copy the recipe or would you prefer it in a normal format?