Warm Farro, Sweet Potato and Kale Salad with Orange Miso Dressing! You are going to love this nourishing vegan dish.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked farro (about 1 cup uncooked farro)
- 8 ounces torn Tuscan kale leaves
Orange Miso Dressing
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 heaping tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the sweet potato with 1 teaspoon oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25-40 minutes, until tender. Depending on the size that you cut the potatoes will determine how long it will take to cook. The smaller the potato, the faster it cooks.
- While the potatoes cook, make the farro. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the farro. Cook until done, according to the package, then drain.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kale and cook until wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add in the cooked farro and sweet potatoes.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the orange-miso dressing and toss over the ingredients. Season to taste, if needed, and serve.