Zucchini and Basil Scramble! A healthy, cholesterol free breakfast option. If you haven’t tried tofu scramble before, you’re in for a treat! High protein and taste just a lot like eggs!
- 1 tbsp. oil or butter (use non-dairy butter for vegan version)
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 package firm tofu, drained, rinsed and pressed
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- salt/pepper to taste (use a smidge [url:1]black salt[/url] for more of an eggy taste)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter, onion, garlic and zucchini and cook until onion is translucent and zucchini is slightly crispy.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan and season with turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes until tofu is heated through.
- Stir in basil.