Ready for your new favorite grilling recipe? These cajun corn, potato and sausage kebobs are exactly what we’ll be dining on all summer long. They are so simple to throw together and a complete meal right off the grill. Perfect for beautiful summer nights when I don’t want to be stuck indoors.
These are inspired by the shrimp and crab boils I enjoyed as a kid. At least a few times a summer my mom would make an epic feast filled with steamed blue crabs, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. I fondly remember sitting outdoors for hours while my entire family picked crabs well into the evening.
These kebobs are much more simple and don’t require an entire day of prep (or weeks of newspaper for cleanup) to make them happen! They’re slightly spicy with the perfect amount of peppery heat and tang. I’ve also made them completely vegan as my days of eating pork sausage are a thing of the past.
To start, you’ll lightly boil the potatoes and corn to gently soften before grilling. This ensures that the potatoes and corn don’t dry out on the grill or overcook the sausage coins. For easy party or dinner prep, do this step ahead of time then place the parboiled potatoes and corn in the fridge until ready to serve.
I’ve created this recipe in partnership with my favorite potato company, The Little Potato Company! Their Blushing Belle creamer potatoes are perfect in these kebobs. Blushing Belle is The Little Potato CompanyThe Little Potato Company’s signature red Creamer potato, originating from one of the oldest breeding farms in Europe.
The blushing red skin complements the smooth, almost velvety yellow center and works with every cooking style, grilling included! Trust me- these potatoes and the cajun-garlic-butter alone could be a meal in itself. It’s hard not to eat potato and potato once these come off the grill.
Can’t wait to hear what you think about these! Recipes like this make me so incredibly excited for summer.Print
Vegan kebobs! Cajun, Potato and Sausage Kebobs. This grill-friendly recipe is perfect for summer. A must for your new cookout!
- 1 (1.5 pound) bag The Little Potato Company Blushing Belle Creamer potatoes, halved
- 3 ears corn, shucked and cut crosswise into ~6 pieces per ear
- 4 vegan sausages, sliced thick
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon Cajun seasoning (or Old Bay seasoning)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes until just barely tender. The last 3 minutes of cooking time, add in the corn. Drain and let cool. This step can be done ahead of time; rinse the potatoes and corn in cold water after draining, then place in the fridge until ready to move onto step 2.
- Thread the potatoes, corn and sliced sausages onto either wooden or metal kebobs, then place kebob either on a foil-lined baking sheet, cutting board or in a large glass or metal roasting pan while you continue making the rest of the kebobs.
- Whisk together the melted butter, garlic cloves and cajun seasoning until well combined, then brush onto all of the kebobs.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Add the kebobs and grill, 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally until potatoes and corn are fork tender. Remove from heat and serve!
Keywords: Kebobs, Vegan, Healthy