I know it’s summer, and I’m supposed to be sharing salad recipe after zucchini recipe after heirloom tomato recipe, but I’ve got chocolate on the brain.
Creamy, ice-cold, cherry chocolate milkshakes to be exact. A blended Cherry Garcia (♥) inspired shake that’s completely dairy-free and made with only 3 ingredients. Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow. This is your new favorite dessert.
Puree a few bananas, add in some flavorings, and ta-da! Naturally sweetened ice cream. It’s dessert that’s totally acceptable to have for breakfast.
For this simple recipe, I’m relying on one of my favorite beverages, Pacific Foods Hazelnut Chocolate milk. If you’ve ever wanted to drink nutella, then you’ve gotta try this drink! I keep the individual size cartons around for a quick post-workout breakfast. Paired with a banana and a smidge of peanut butter, it’s my favorite grab-and-go meal.
Frozen bananas, frozen cherries, and hazelnut chocolate milk. That’s it. You’ll be amazed at how creamy this milkshake is- without a lick of dairy! As far as milkshakes go, this one’s pretty healthy. Each serving is only 200 calories, 3g fat and 5g fiber. What other milkshake can say that?
It’s so delicious, I’ve made it 3 times in the past week. Next time you’re craving chocolate, give this one a try!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Milkshakes
Yield 2 shakes
Chocolate Cherry Milkshakes! Just 4 ingredients, naturally sweetened and dairy-free! Everybody will love these, you've gotta make them.
- 2 bananas, frozen, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup (8 oz.)[url:1]Pacific Foods Hazelnut Chocolate[/url] milk
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2-1 tbsp. unsweetened chocolate powder (optional, if you want more chocolate taste)
- Place the bananas, Hazelnut Chocolate milk, cherries and chocolate powder into a high powered blender and puree until creamy and smooth. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to add a little more milk. You want the texture to be thick like a milkshake.
- Pour into two glasses and serve!
- For a fancier touch, serve with 2-ingredient magic shell topping and extra cherries.
Courses dessert, healthy, vegan, dairyfree, milkshake, kidfriendly
Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for Pacific Foods. Thanks for supporting the brands that make DK possible.