Oh my goodness, this pie. THIS PIE. This chocolate peanut butter pie that is so incredible, so insanely creamy and delicious that you’ll never, ever guess the secret ingredient.
This pie that BL ate two slices of for dinner one night last week as he declared it the best.damn.pie after each bite.
It is. It really, really is. I don’t like to tell you that everything is my favorite, (because how can you trust anyone like that?) but really, it’s my favorite.
And- are you ready for it? The creamy secret is that it contains… silken tofu. Yes, that’s right; that light as air, chocolate mousse texture is made real by tofu. I swear up and down that there’s no way you could taste it. It’s there for body and texture- that’s it!
Here’s the deal though. It might be a pie out of tofu, but it’s still dripping with chocolate. I used an entire bag of chocolate chips on this one, so I’m not exactly selling you a healthy dessert. Just trust the process; it all comes together so deliciously that you’ll completely forget you’re eating tofu.
I can’t take all the credit for this pie— there are several variations on chocolate tofu pie out there but I knew that my chocolate pie had to contain peanut butter. Because I like chocolate but I adore chocolate and peanut butter together! The sweet and salty combination is way better than regular chocolate in my mind; so a healthy dose of peanut butter goes into this pie.
Lastly- the crust. I bought it. I know. I came all this way to show you how to make the best pie filling ever, and then I used a store-bought crust. The reality is that this pie is so easy to put together that I didn’t want to over-complicate things with making a separate pie crust.
You can make your own crust; and for my vegan friends, you should also know that most store-bought crusts are actually vegan because they use oil and not butter. I know they aren’t healthy, but it’s a dessert. Remember that not all food has to serve a health purpose.
Happy Friday! This is my favorite weekend of the year as it combines both my birthday and Mother’s Day. I’m planning on taking Van to pick strawberries on Saturday and probably eating this pie all weekend long. All my love to my fellow mamas. Xo
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie! The BEST chocolate pie; tastes just like a peanut butter cup and you’ll never guess the secret ingredient!
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (try dark chocolate chips– so good!)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 12 ounces silken tofu (must be silken, not firm)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- scant 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil until chocolate is smooth. I usually do this in the microwave in 30 second increments; stirring after each 30 seconds until chocolate is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Add all of the pie ingredients to a blender and puree until very, very smooth: tofu, melted chocolate, peanut butter, almond milk, cinnamon.
- Add the chocolate filling to the graham crackers crust and tap a few times on the counter to let the filling settle and distribute evenly in the crust.
- Place in the fridge to let set for at least 3-4 hours.
- Serve! You don’t need anything else, but if you want to take this pie over the top then may I suggest coconut whip and berries.
Keywords: vegan chocolate, pie, vegan dessert