Carrot Cake Banana Bread! This vegan bread option is perfect for Spring and Easter! Low-fat, perfect for breakfast or dessert.
A giant slice of this cake with a smear of almond butter. It’s what I’ve been eating for almost every meal or dessert the past week.
Carrot Cake + Banana bread is what happens when you want cake but can’t exactly justify it for breakfast. It was also the perfect way to welcome back spring! My food memories run deep with both of these items; my grandmother’s carrot cake for Easter and homemade banana bread topped with peanut butter is just the way my mom likes it.
Is it a cake? A bread? A genius hybrid of all things Spring? Yessss. All of the above. It’s flavorful and studded with raisins, walnuts, shredded carrots and chunks of ripe banana.
Plus, homemade carrot cake banana bread and coffee is a morning match made in heaven. Emails almost respond themselves when you’ve got this powerful duo in front of you. Eh, almost…
My in-laws are headed down to St. Louis in a few days and I know I’m planning on a loaf of this to greet them upon their arrival. Wishing you a sweet (and hopefully carrot cake banana bread filled) week.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
Carrot Cake Banana Bread! This vegan bread option is perfect for Spring and Easter! Low-fat, perfect for breakfast or dessert | www.delishknowledge.com
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax meal + 3 tablespoons water mixed together)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (~3 ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugar and brown sugar a few times until combined.
- Whisk in the egg then the mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract and carrots.
- Add in the flours, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and stir together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place in the middle rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until golden brown.
More healthy quick-bread recipes: