Chunky Vegetable Soup! A healthy, simple soup that’s perfect anytime of the year. Vegetables and potatoes simmered in a lightly spiced broth. Served with quinoa. #Vegan and #GlutenFree
I completely forgot how useful the crock-pot was until recently. Tucked away in my kitchen closet, my crock-pot usually gets used for the Superbowl to hold chili dip and that’s about it. We were out searching for a new home this weekend and I made this soup to come home to. It was so easy, healthy and delicious. To make a quick weeknight meal, try it over quinoa instead of brown rice, which cooks in just 15 minutes.
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 red potatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6–7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or less if you like it less spicy)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- large pinch of salt/pepper
- Stove top directions: Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add chopped onion, minced garlic, pinch of salt and sweat until translucent. Add vegetables and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add spices and broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve over cooked quinoa.
- Crock pot directions: Turn power to high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and spices. Stir a few times to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir the vegetables in and add the broth. Turn down to low and cook for at least 4 hours until vegetables are tender. You might not need all the broth. Serve over cooked quinoa.
- *If you have more time, cook the vegetables in a sauce pan like the stove top directions and add to the crockpot with the broth on low heat until ready to serve.
Per serving 8: 209 calories, 8g fat, 6g fiber, 6g protein
Show served with my No-Knead English Muffin Bread
What’s your favorite crockpot meal?