Greek Couscous Salad! This healthy couscous salad is perfect for summer. Cooked couscous with cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, olives and a tangy lemon dressing.
- ¾ cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup halved kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Place dry couscous and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl and stir with a fork to coat the grains.
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous and gently stir. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, the fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, onion powder and oregano.
- Add the couscous with cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives and parsley to the couscous bowl. Drizzle on the dressing along with a generous salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Season to taste, adding more salt/pepper as needed and serve.
Keywords: greek couscous salad