This is one of those ‘you don’t really need a recipe’ recipes.
Toss together juicy summer berries, jalapeno, mint and a little lime juice and serve over hot slices of grilled halloumi. Easy, fuss-fress yet incredibly delicious.
I created this recipe on a bit of a whim, having leftover halloumi from a client project a few weeks ago and not sure what to do with it. Since I always have fresh berries lying around this time of year, it’s no wonder I ended up pairing the two together.
For those of you who love sweet and salty combinations like I do, you will love this recipe. Salty, gooey halloumi with berries is like the ultimate fruit and cheese plate. Serve this one as is or as a side to something more hearty. It easily delivers as a light meal, a first course or a side dish.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Mixed Berry Salad. Grilled slices of halloumi cheese topped with a fresh mint and berry salad. Vegetarian & Gluten-Free.
- ¾ pound halloumi, sliced
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the halloumi in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Add the slices of halloumi and grill until soft and char-marks appear, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the grilled halloumi on a platter and top with salad. Serve immediately.