It’s peach season in the Caspero house. We found a little pick-your-own farm a few miles from our house and we’ve been going so often. In just an hour we can head out to the farm, grab some peaches and be back home.
And, there’s only so many pie bars and cobbler (coming next week) that I can eat. Enter this sweet and savory slaw, packed with shredded kale, cabbage and a tangy lime dressing.
I sent this recipe to my mom right after I made it, and she ended up taking it to a neighborhood potluck where it was a big hit. If you’re looking to make it ahead of time, prep the slaw first without the dressing and keep the sliced peaches separate.
Then, dress the salad right before serving and add the peaches. Great for a crowd!
If you need a new way to try fresh peaches this summer, this salad is it. It will make 2 large servings and 4 side dishes- though can easily be scaled.
Enjoy this one before peach season ends! xo
Peach, Kale and Cabbage Slaw! A healthy way to enjoy fresh peaches! Shredded kale, cabbage and thinly sliced peaches in a tangy lime dressing. A must-make this summer!
- 1 bunch kale, preferably dinosaur/lacinato (not the curly kind)
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage (I use my mandolin to get it very thin)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, toss together the kale, cabbage, cucumber and scallions.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, then massage into the slaw for 1-2 minutes to gently wilt the kale and the cabbage. Taste, adding more salt/pepper/lime/olive oil as needed.
- Add in the peaches and toss again.
Keywords: glutenfree, vegan, vegetarian, slaw, healthy