Meet Alex Caspero
Alex Caspero is a Registered Dietitian, New York Times Bestselling Plant-Based Chef and mom of two. She aims to cut through the nutrition noise by providing real-life, nourishing tips for body and mind. Learn more about Alex.
There are salads and then there are salads. This is the latter. Big hearty salads bursting with fresh produce and a bright, flavorful dressing. Whenever I talk to my clients about incorporating more salads into their meals, I get the obligatory eye-roll. But I’m not talking about boring salads of lettuce, croutons, shredded carrots and fat free dressing.
Uck. I wouldn’t want that either.
Big bountiful salads filled with raw or roasted vegetables, bright, flavorful dressings, lean protein & creamy avocado (a must for me). These are the salads dreams are made of.
Next time you’re craving a salad, try this one or follow my below guide:
1. Pick a base: any lettuce will do
2. Add extra green vegetables: green peppers, sprouts, broccoli, whatever
3. Add a pop of color: red bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, you get the idea
4. Crunch! My favorite part- nuts, seeds, toasty things are best
5. Mix in extras: My go-to’s- chickpeas, baked tofu, cooked quinoa, rice or millet
6. Top it with a flavorful dressing! Save this mix-and match guide for healthy, delicious choices
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
Why not keep the salad love going? Enjoy these favorites: